[...]
> People who repeatedly forget to type "this" represent a minority and
> should perhaps look to exercise a different profession. The problem

You are right, but I think you know perfectly what kind of horrors you can
find in most code out there and there is still shortage of 'developpers'.

Let's face it the code quality in Jakarta is extremely high compared with
what I have seen in the industry, the most horrible I have seen in my
limited experience being in the Defense and/or aeronautical industry. I was
beginning my career at this time and could not believe someone could come up
with sleep() to synchronize work between threads and complain that the OS
was buggy since it was 'working' differently on different computers...

> with
[..]
> public void setSomethingComplicated(Object sometingComplicateed){
>   this.somethingComplicated = somethingComplicated;
> }

right.. I forgot the best one...I have been hit by this as well..

Stephane