Ted Husted wrote:

> As it stands, both are simply subprojects, and so a Commons committer is
> a Commons committer. Ditto for Taglibs.

It is also fair to point out that an Avalon committer is a committer to the
framework itself as well as to testlet, logkit, phoenix, cornerstone,
excalibur, and site.  So, one could draw a conclusion that anybody who
choses not to participate in Commons due to this structure would also chose
to withdraw from Avalon until this is corrected.

> In a way, the Commons and Taglibs subproject represent the other
> approach to Jakarta that people sometimes advocate, but so far a strong
> leader has not stepped up to fulfill the other half of that model.

I have quietly stated several times that I would prefer that a Jakarta
committer is a Jakarta committer.  Gaging by the response I got each time,
I figured that then was not the time to push the issue.

- Sam Ruby