True. Right now, I monitor the Commons, Lucene, and Taglibs, and only
have commit rights to one of these.

Since the PMC meets here, the subprojects can represent their own
interests. The primary role of the PMC is to ensure that the ASF bylaws
and Jakarta guidelines are observed, and that Apache resources are not
used in inappropriate ways.

The PMC gets to vote on new subprojects, but the committee members have
no other special privledges or powers.

-Ted.