Hi,
    After days of nearly going nuts trying to setup a pool of MySQL
connections using JNDI, I finally got it working, and I have some
suggestions for adding to the HOW-TO that may save a good bit of people
some time.
    I setup the connection just as it said in the HOW-TO, but I kept
getting a null DataSource when I tried to retrieve it. There was nothing
in the logs, but I knew the name was being bound properly because if I
changed it in web.xml, I wouldn't get a Context at all. After first
searching the mailing lists, I noticed people who said that they were
getting their DataSource objects at http://localhost:8080/webapp/, but
not at http://localhost/webapp/. Anyway, after searching the mailing
lists and looking through the Class Loader HOW-TO some more, I realized
that there are many separate class loaders, that some of them don't have
access to the names of others, and that putting the Resource in the
Tomcat HTTP server (which is what I see from a lot of questions here is
what people are doing) doesn't make them available to mod_webapp because
it's a totally different classloader. If a note saying that you need to
make the resource available to the proper Engine if you aren't using the
standalong HTTP server were placed in the HOW-TO, I think it would be
extremely helpful.

Mark