Mark Brouwer wrote:

> Therefore I ask whether the Jakarta project would mind if we adopt the
> Guidelines and represent it on our site in a way somebody familiar with
> Jakarta would say "hmmmmm, that looks familiar, were have I seen this
> before ...".
>
> Of course proper credits will be given.

Copying with attribution would be wonderful!  We'd love to see more things
developed in an open and cooperative fashion.

The fine line to watch out for:

   Basing your guidelines on Jakarta and letting people know that this is,
   in fact, the case is quite OK and actually is appreciated.

   Implying in any way that your project is either a part of or is endorsed
   by Apache or Jakarta without prior permission is not.

As long as you understand and do not cross that line, feel free to procede
as you have described.

- Sam Ruby