Why not start it yourself and anyone can suggest changes.

On the other hand, why not start it myself. Something like this:

1.- Introduction
  Who we are, why are we doing this.

2.- Project proposal
  Proposal stage, committers needed, community.

3.- Code organization and repositories
  Naming of packages, repositories, what to find in them.
  Who touches what.

4.- Code quality
  Add copyright notice, add authors.
  Format your code but not others'.

4.- Build system
  Use Ant, use Ant, use Ant.
  Use Gump.
  Use Scarab.

5.- Dependencies
  What jar's to use and what to avoid.

6.- Documentation
  Where to look for it.
  What to expect, what not to expect.

7.- Support
  Whom you should ask, what you should figure out yourself.

8.- Licensing and guarantee
  Why you should use Apache license, and what's wrong with other licenses.
  What you can do with Apache products. Giving credit.
  All that implied warranty things.

Un saludo,

Alex.