"Steven Noels" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sad, but true:
>
> http://jcp.org/jsr/results/99-7-1.jsp
>
> </Steven>

I don't know how much "sadness" there is in that vote. Of course it's not a
victory, but reading from the comments of the different voters (at the
bottom), the issues we raised were listened to, and given some thought.

Especially if you read Caldera's and Apple's comments (two corporations
really close to the open-source world - Caldera=Linux and Apple=Darwin - and
who both voted "yes"), I feel that it might be ok "now", but many will be
watching in the future. But I believe that it really depends with what eyes
you look at it (although I bet that at Sun they're celebrating! :)

    Pier