Actually Jon,

Torque and crossdb are quite a bit different.  Torque is pre generated and requires
some preliminary setup and doesn't deal with SQL statements directly.  Whereas crossdb
is on the fly and is an object oriented way of creating SQL statements that are
database independent.

Torque row insert example after generation (taken from tutorial):

Publisher addison = new Publisher();
  addison.setName("Addison Wesley Professional");
  addison.save();

  Author bloch = new Author();
  bloch.setFirstName("Joshua");
  bloch.setLastName("Bloch");
  bloch.save();

crossdb row insert example:

InsertQuery iq = factory.getInsertQuery();
iq.setTable("Employees");
iq.addAutoIncrementColumn("emp_id");
iq.addColumn("emp_name", "Travis Reeder");
iq.addColumn("emp_department", "Development");
iq.execute(conn);

Quite a bit different don't you think?

Tim: I did read that page and thought I covered the more important points. Is there a
formal way of doing these proposals?

Travis