Jeff,

AFAIK announce@ is for Jakarta announcements, not external projects.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Jeff Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: Jeff Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
05/13/02 10:13 PM
Please respond to "Jakarta General List"

        To:     Jakarta General List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Advertisement using Apache lists

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 09:54:48AM +0100, Alex McLintock wrote:
> At 09:02 13/05/2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >I would like to encourage information about commercial entities that
> >support
> >Apache software, but I really have no clue about how it should be done.
>
> I too am setting up an organisation in the UK to help support Apache and

> other OSS software.
>
> I suggest that the first (and simplest) thing to do would be to setup a
top
> level apache mailing list where it is ok to advertise oneself, one's
> company, or to advertise that you need support.

I doubt a separate list would work. We've got an announcements@ list and
everyone still cc's announcements to general@.

Perhaps we should just adopt a simple subject line convention, [ADV] for
adverts, to go with [ANN] for announcements.

--Jeff