On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 02:04:24PM +0100, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Hola, you tend to forget a part I'm stressing out quite hardly... It's not
> >> only "rights"... It's also "dues", right?
> >
> > Yes, the 'due' to spend weekends writing code or answering emails or
> > reading flame wars.
> >
> > Give me a break with the big 'due' to vote or have a say over how the
> > project you're involved with.
>
> And in fact, Costin, the big opposition you're going to get from me, will
> always be on the fact that you are totally and utterly irresponsible towards
> this community and the ASF... It's years that you're been told that, not
> only from me, but from an extended number of people (do we want to get back
> to the Tomcat 3.x/4.x flamewar? Read those comments)...

Aren't we all happy that 3.3.x exists, and is better than 3.2.x? Aren't
we all happy that we have a choice to 4.x?

Aren't we all happy that Jon was 'mislead' into not -1'ing Struts (one
of Jakarta's biggest successes)?

Perhaps people should be less certain they know what is best for the
community :P

> Anyway, nice talking to you (not).

.. and thankful that people like Costin persevere in spite of rather
vicious abuse.

--Jeff
(a happy 3.3.x and Struts user, whose sense of justice temporarily
outweighs an aversion to general@ flamewars)