On Sat, 25 May 2002, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Andrew C. Oliver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > -1, its not broken, it worked.  I see little reason to fix it.
>
> It is broken. We don't allow Sally Khudairi to be a member of this
> community, nor James "Gonzo" Todd (ex employee at Sun), to leave his
> employment and terminate his working (9 to 5) relationship with Apache,
> without leaving him with the "dues" of a committer and make him "look bad"
> because he disappeared.

What harm is James Todd doing ? Since there are 6 months from his last
activity you can request the removal of his account - but I don't see
why he ( or James Davidson or Anil ) should be removed for disappearing.
If they'll never come back - that's fine and it doesn't hurts nobody.
But their name remains listed in many source files and should remain
in the list of commiters.

Todd is still listed in @author tags in quite a few files ( used by both
3.x and 4.x - in tomcat-util package ). And there is nothing wrong with
9-5 contributions, there are many people who have jobs related with apache
projects.

Costin