On Sat, 25 May 2002, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Nope, we shouldn't but we should give it to those who ARE interested in the
> future of Jakarta, or XML, and _do_stuff_ for those project, but are not
> "bound" to a particular codebase. We should change our "meter" from being
> you contribute CODE to the project, to you contribure WORK to the project.

AFAIK each project can decide and vote to give rights to anyone they
feel deserve it and puts work in the project.

There is no requirement that the work is Java or C - I think there are
people who focus more on documentation and became commiters for that. It's
up to each project to decide by the normal rules.

If you want to propose a lawyer to become commiter on tomcat - I'll be
more than +1 ( we need one to solve the mystery of the JMX and
other licences, and that would be an important contribution and worth
of making him commiter ).

I don't think that having CVS access ( without knowing what CVS is )
will be a problem for him. And if he cares or not to vote - again
I don't care.

Costin