> So, how come the
> commercial software can still compete with open source products.

IMHO its because on the whole OpenSource contributors are not doing it to compete with
commercial software, in fact many of us do this to provide an alternative to the daily
pressures, restrictive working practices and profit driven project management of
commercial IT.

We're either much less interested in producing a competitor for a commercial product
than producing an intelligent, elegant and efficient solution to a particular problem,
or we're here to collaborate on a product to use in our own commercial interests, not
in competing in the market place.

Yes? No?

d.