Archana,

Many of those questions can be answered by searching the archived
mailing lists and browsing the project documentation.

For example, go to
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-dev%40jakarta.apache.org/ and search
on uml, you will find conversations about class/uml diagrams.  On the
home page there are links that answer some of your other questions, such
as how issues/bugs are tracked and repaired online.  You will begin to
be able to form a sense of how things are done.

Note that each project has to some degree their own way so it is
difficult for anyone to really answer your question fully.  And after
some legwork, if there is a detail you can't answer I am sure someone
would be happy help.

-Ellis

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi Jakarta Project Members,
>
> I'am doing research on how code inspections are done in geographically
> distributed teams. Since open source software development is one good
> example for collaborative software development, I'am very intereseted in
> knowing how software inspections are conducted in Jakarta projects. I would
> apprecaite any help that could answer my following questions. Thanks a
> bunch for the taking the time to read this mail and answer my questions.
> You input is valuable to my research and is sincerely appreciated.
>

> 1. Do code inspections play a vital role in ensuring software quality in
> open source development?
> 2. What type of products are subjected to the inspection process? Is it
> just code or does it also include specification , design, class diagrams
> etc?
> 3.How are products identified for inspection?
> 4. Who are the participants in inspection process? Is the inspection
> process moderated?
> 5.How do participants communicate since most of the developers are
> geographically distributed?
> 6. Are  any face - to face meetings  held as part of the software
> inspection process?
> 7. How are issues that arise of inspection process tracked and repaired?
> 8. What tools are used to facilitate the Software inspection process and
> what is the function of each tool that is being used?
>
> Thanks Again!
> Regards,
> Archana
>

> --