From: Steve Downey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 8:52 PM
To: Jakarta General List
Subject: Re: Differences between Structs and Turbine ???

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 07:18 pm, Pier Fumagalli wrote:
> On 9/10/02 3:47, "Berin Loritsch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Even when Quick and Dirty takes longer.  I tried to convince my boss
that
> > a certain "customization" required so many fundamental changes that
it
> > would be quicker and easier to develop/maintain if we did it right.
He
> > told me that he would never be able to convince the CEO that was the
> > right choice, so the "Quick and Dirty" route was the choice--taking
me
> > twice as long to get it done.
>
> I got out of the same tie today, but I won! :-) And it was about
Objects in
> PL-SQL... That was a close one! :-)

Objects in PL-SQL.

I still have nightmares.

SQLJ and Oracle's Object extensions were so seductive.

<shudder>

And I'm in the camp that thinks the ad going around with the
snail/cheetah <=>
Relational/Object just shows that most OO developers are ignorant
regarding
the relational model.

>     Pier

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>