I believe BSF has been approved for inclusion as part of the Jakarta
Project.

Is there anything I can do to help this happen? February is a long time in
the past, and as a past user of BSF, and a Jakarta committer I'd be happy
to help where I can.

Also, have mailing lists etc been setup? I haven't seen them anywhere...?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

----- Forwarded by dIon Gillard/Multitask Consulting/AU on 30/10/2002
07:16 PM -----

"Noel J. Bergman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 30/10/2002 06:52:44 PM:

> Dion,
>
> For BSF?  IBM originally raised the subject on the BSF mailing list in
June

http://www-124.ibm.com/pipermail/bsf-discussion/2001-June/000271.html

http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2002/board_minutes_2002_02_
> 27.txt
>
> I been talking with Chuck Murcko, who is doing the repository setup.  He
> told me today that he expects to be good to go within the next couple of
> days.
>
>    --- Noel

Tomcat 5
> as
> > soon as it looks stable.  I want JSP v2 support.
> >
> > Python is installed (not mod_python, yet) but no one is using it,
unlike
> > perl.
> >
> > FWIW, I also came across something called Spyce, which is essentially
an
> > attempt to clone JSP using Python as the language.  Reading his
project
> > rationale, it occured to me what a widespread myth it is that Java is
> > THE programming language for JSP pages.  More engines really ought to
> pickup
> > BSF and deploy multiple scripting languages.  Hopefully that will
happen
> > after BSF appears as a Jakarta project.  It is supposed to happen by
Nov

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/