This is an interesting question. I've seen books (Geary's Advanced JSP, for example) that print the ASL in the book, and in fact I included it my Ant book.

Comments from the general list on this? Should this be a topic for a different list?

Erik

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Requesting Permission To Use Diagram
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 10:39:05 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Coyner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I am writing a book for O'Reilly. This book is a "cookbook" where each chapter
covers a different open source tool. There is a chapter devoted to Cactus and
we would like to use a diagram contained within the Cactus documentation.
Specifically, we would like to use the diagram I have attached to this post.
The O'Reilly folks will probably redraw the diagram to fit the style of their
books, but the content ends up being the same. I read the license agreement but

was not clear as to whether we could reproduce the diagram without permission.

Thanks,
Brian Coyner