I generated the report using http://pmd.sf.net/ and some Ruby code -
I'll send it to you in another email.

That would be cool if we could autogenerate patches to fix this stuff.
The console interface to PMD can generate a report like:

======================
c:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\src\java\awt\Component.java    44      No need to
import a type that's in the same package
c:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\src\java\awt\Cursor.java       9       No need to
import a type that's in the same package
c:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\src\java\awt\Cursor.java       10      No need to
import a type that's in the same package
c:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\src\java\awt\Cursor.java       11      No need to
import a type that's in the same package
c:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\src\java\awt\EventQueue.java   19      No need to
import a type that's in the same package
c:\j2sdk1.4.1_01\src\java\awt\FontMetrics.java  10      No need to
import a type that's in the same package
======================

so it probably wouldn't be too hard to write a Perl or Ruby script to
pull out the filenames and line numbers and scrub/diff the offending
files....

Yours,

Tom

http://cvs.apache.org/~tcopeland/bad_imports_20_nov_02.htm