On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

> on 2002/12/17 10:22 AM, "Brian Ewins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > This is old news I but I just saw it today: there's a tool that can
> > convert word 2000 docs (saved as html) to an xml doc and an xsl-t script
> > to generate xsl:fo - and from there to PDF.
> > http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/fabgia/wh2fo/wh2fo.html
> >
> > Very nice trick.
>
> On OSX you can simply save as a PDF when you print the document. No XML
> needed. Get a Mac.

You'd be amazed how quickly you take this for granted. I quite happily
tell people to send it to me in PDF format. Before I got a mac I used to
view PDF as some proprietary, impossible to create nasty thing.

Seems as if most of Jakarta use OS X now. Is it just that us X-junkies are
loud and proud about it?

Hen