Reorging the Jakarta PMC apparently has become an annual event. This
year will be no different. I've had lengthy talks with the Apache
Board, and this has caused me to revisit a number of assumptions.

Looking at http://httpd.apache.org/contributors/, it is clear that the
ASF concept of a Project Management Committee permits a significantly
larger number of PMC members per project than I, at least, had ever
presumed.

Given the success that Jakarta has had to date, I don't want to propose
any rapid, irreversable, or disruptive changes. But the goal should be
clear: the PMC should consist of *all* the people who are actively and
consistently monitoring the code.

So for the first step, I'd like to nominate the following individuals
who have contributed multiple times to the Jakarta newsletter and/or recently served as a release manager of a Jakarta subproject:

[ ] Nicola Ken Barozzi
[ ] Stephen Colebourne
[ ] Martin Cooper
[ ] Henri Gomez
[ ] John Keyes
[ ] Larry Isaacs
[ ] Otis Gospodnetic
[ ] Thomas Mahler
[ ] Remy Maucherat
[ ] Glenn Nielsen
[ ] Andrew C Oliver
[ ] Rob Oxspring
[ ] Martin Poeschl
[ ] Scott Sanders
[ ] David Sean Taylor
[ ] Mladen Turk
[ ] James Turner
[ ] Henri Yandell

Future steps will include introduction of a concept of an emeritus PMC
member, reinstating prior PMC members who are still active, and more
nominations (particularly those that chose to contribute to the
newsletter, and/or act as release manager, hint, hint).

Longer term, the plan is to move the subprojects that chose to remain in
Jakarta towards becoming a single community - in particular release
votes will become a responsibility of the PMC. That does not mean that
all PMC members will vote on all releases, but that it will be from this
pool of members that release votes will be cast. Clearly there will
need to be a number waves of additions like the one above to the PMC
before we get to this point.

Meanwhile, my plan is to see to it that those subprojects that desire to
become ASF projects will get the full cooperation and support of this PMC.

Now for some fine print:

* nominees may chose to decline without giving any reason

* only current PMC member's votes are binding

* once the vote completes, PMC membership is not effective until 48
hours after a board member acknowledges receipt of these votes.

Let the voting begin!

- Sam Ruby

P.S. My vote is +1 on all.