[Retry with a better subject line and the proper mailing lists addreses
... sigh]

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>>Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>>
>>>In short, the answer is no, and this applies to any software with
>>>copyright of The Apache Software Foundation.
>>
>>which brings up a very good point that may have been overlooked:
>>this applies to anything on ibiblio or elsewhere that is copyright
>>the asf.  it does not apply strictly to the repositories on the asf
>>machines, but to the asf *code*.

This issue has come up before.  This time, let's flatten it.

In two weeks, there is a board meeting.  At that time, I would like to
be able to report that the contents of the Maven repository conforms to
the policies of the Apache Software Foundation.

Code under the ASF License is clearly OK.  As is the IBM Public License
(the pre-Jakarta BSF, for example) and the MPL (Rhino).  The following
public domain components are also approved: Antlr and Doug Lea's
concurrency package.

Licenses clearly not conforming to the ASF's policies for distribution:
LGPL, GPL, Sun's Binary Code License.

Please direct any questions or comments (including new licenses to be
considered) to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Some we can resolve for
ourselves (e.g., the specific public domain packages above).  Others
I'll batch up and forward to the board and/or licensing folk.

By the board meeting after that (3rd week in March), I'd like to have
the infrastructure issues resolved (where should this data should be
hosted, mirrored, etc).

- Sam Ruby