On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 01:06:28PM +0100, Christoph Wilhelms wrote:
> > Surprise surprise...
> >
> > http://www.javalobby.org/thread.jsp?forum=61&thread=6843
>
> Does this surprise anybody ;)?
> M$ is the reason why I did not have intensively dealt with .NET - even it
> might be a good technology...
>
> But what does that mean for us?
>
> Do we have to unbundle the Ant .NET tasks (even if it would not hurt
> myself)? What does happen to all these .NET Open Source (mostly GPL)
> products/projects...

I would suggest that all those projects forget the idea that M$ can be "free".
(as in freedom, not as "free beer")

> Thanx to M$ there will be many controverse discussions IMHO ;)!

To me, it means that no one should have anything to do with M$.
M$ provides good technologies sometimes, but the price they ask for them is lost
of freedom.

Please read any Microsoft End User Licence Agreement, mainly Windows XP's EULA,
Windows Media Player's EULA.

I am not ready to give freedom against a technology.

Those can't be compared, nor evaluated on a same scale, IMHO.

Cheers,
Stéphane