Pier Fumagalli wrote:
So, unless this:

The PMC is responsible for the strategic direction and success of the Jakarta
Project. This governing body is expected to ensure the project's welfare and
guide its overall direction.
Changes to identify that individual PMC members might have oversight only on
a fraction (subproject) of the whole project, I would be against it.
I don't think anyone expects that upon becoming a PMC member one would immediately need to gain and maintain intimate knowledge of all corners of the jakarta codebases. It is just about humanly impossible. So it is probably a good move to ensure the PMC is of a size where there are one or more people who do have that intimate knowledge for each particular corner.

IOW, I do agree with your observation, but I wouldn't worry too much about formal documentation maybe not reflecting reality. Reality is what matters anyway, and what should be looked at :D

cheers & g'night!

- Leo