In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Andrew C. Oliver" writes:
>Next, I measure the success of it by two other things:  Microsoft's
>Microsoft sort of way) and the final crux will be the day this
>http://www.tidestone.com/index.jsp goes out of business.  The first clue

I don't think this is an attitude we want to promote.  Unless I've
been hoodwinked, the purpose of Apache (sub)projects is not to put
companies out of business.  It may be an unfortunate and unintended
side-effect, but not a motivating goal or metric for success.  Your
statement about causing Microsoft (or any other company for that matter)
to start
>flirting with open file formats (I'm sure it will be "open" in that

is much healthier.

daniel