From: Howard M. Lewis Ship [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: quarta-feira, 5 de março de 2003 01:37
To: 'Jakarta General List'
Subject: RE: Jakarta: too many similar projects?

I don't know any of this stuff about Apache refusing a JSR.

As I'm seeing it from my end, Jakarta looks to centralize good
technologies, but only if a good community of developers and users are
part of the deal. I suspect that this "rejecting a JSR" may come down to
something like Sun trying to dump half-working code in Jakarta's lap and
expecting folks to rise up and make it work.

In terms of web apps and MVC ... well, everyone has their own approach
and own definition of MVC, or pull-MVC, or whatever.  I do some of my
work in Struts (at my day job), but obviously, love Tapestry.  Anyway,
saying something is a "web app framework" doesn't really say too much,
especially under the shadow of the Servlet API.  You could just as
easily clump Java, Objective-C and C++ as "C-like languages" and
complain that people should chose one and back it.  Aint gonna happen

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components