Either a community

a) doesn't want to, in which case it doesn't matter how the Evil Tyrannical Sun That Controls All behaves or
b) it does, but only as a participant on the EG (from which info can be shared, I suppose - certainly something that can be negotiated with the leads on the JSR), or
c) it does the JSR itself.

I can't think of any other options.

d) Convince everyone that they don't need the silly JCP or JSRs and just set the standards and be real damn clear that we mean to set the de-facto standard while laughing at Ra. OpenSource is the standard.

-Andy

Thanks for the informative history, BTW.

geir