From: Andrew C. Oliver [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 4:57 PM
To: POI Developers List; Jakarta General List
Subject: fair notice

I appologize to those of us who get this 2 times...

This could later affect POI (http://jakarta.apache.org/poi), but does
not currently: http://www.advogato.org/article/101.html
Granted POI would be in "good company" with a wide berth of software and
there would likely be a retributative effect that
might backfire on Microsoft.

I'll keep this brief, but the patenting of file formats could be a
disturbing trend.  I'll certainly keep an eye on this.