Frank Cohen wrote:
I'm at JavaOne following the fun around java.net and java.com.

Lucky!

This morning I learned more about the new developer portal http://www.java.net. The site is edited by Tim O'Reilly and the chief web dog is James. Tim describes himself as the Colonel Sanders of the site, he jokes that it's really a group of O'Reilly Associates editors that will be editing the site. From what I've learned java.net is a private-labeled version of SourceForge with a bunch of new bells and whistles added (blogs, wikis, forums.) So it is open for anyone to host a public project, open-source projects included.

Sounds like another place where projects can gestate, developing a community, before applying for admission to Jakarta...

Erik