Santiago Gala wrote:
Conor MacNeill escribió:

(...)

Just to be clear this is not a Gump issue - I think the problem would appear whenever you try to compile on any platform with a different default encoding.

Yes. For this reason, I'm encouraging people to start using utf-8 as default encoding in any server platform. This brings a whole new set of issues :-( but at least you can represent all Unicode characters, and ASCII maps transparently. This is specially important fot multilingual portals, for instance.

Pardon my ignorance, but can you tell me how to do this? The primary Gump machine is Redhat linux, many of the others are Solaris.

- Sam Ruby