On Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at 03:01 PM, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
On 7/7/03 2:09 PM, "robert burrell donkin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

XMLBeans feels (to me) like a jakarta component but if xml are happy to
manage it, i'd say that it'd probably work out easier that way. there isn'
t any reason why XMLBeans couldn't be visible on the jakarta website and
as part of the jakarta community (which seem to be the main advantages
which components see in joining jakarta) whilst being managed by the xml
pmc (which would host their site and primary link).

I'd object to that personally. We link projects which were in Jakarta historically and have become top level projects, but we do not link all of the XML projects. I'd object to that not only on practical concerns but with the logic "Then I'd like POI linked from the XML site" ;-)

why shouldn't POI be linked from the XML site as well as the jakarta one?

- robert