Ah... what's going on with this below finally??

Discussions have gone away in a dense fog??

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:58:06 +0100
(Subject: Re: The vendors page)
robert burrell donkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> FWIW i think that the original arguments which lead to the creation of the
> vendors page are still relevant. it's very hard for any folks here to
> judge the merit (or otherwise) of companies providing support. on the
> other hand, there was a definite demand from users and vendors for a
> dating service.
>
> the original rule seemed to be a good one (a minimal test which some
> vendors have failed) as well having the merit of simplicity. on the other
> hand i do think that andrew's arguments have served a useful purpose in
> making us think harder about the purpose of that page. i also agree with
> alex in that probably the future direction is to something more
> apache-wide.
>
> on the other hand, i think that michael's answers have been reasonable and
> give him at least as much a reason as many of the existing vendors. unless
> i hear some good reasons not to, i'll probably commit something along
> those lines sometime soonish. i might also try to think of some ways to
> reorganize the page.
>
> - robert
>
> On Thursday, July 3, 2003, at 10:08 AM, Alex McLintock wrote:
>
> > At 09:51 02/07/03 -0400, Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
> >> I'm tending towards the argument that if you can convince someone who
> >> has the right access to update
> >> the vendors.xml
> >> page, then you deserve to be on the list.

> > I'm not sure of the point of a Vendors page. There are so many different
> > types of "vendors" covering so many projects that a single page - or even
> > a single XML is not necessarily the right thing.
> >
> > I started a database of companies who support open source software but I
> > am not sure it is the right as it is.
> >
> > I think Apache has grown large enough to need a database of trainers,
> > consultants, developers, vendors, and other support companies who will
> > provide assistence with using Apache software.
> >
> > We had a small mailing list for discussing these sorts of commercial
> > aspects to using Apache software but it never really got off the ground.
> >
> > Alex McLintock

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.terra-intl.com/
(Apache Jakarta Translation, Japanese)
http://jakarta.terra-intl.com/