Geir Magnusson Jr. a écrit :

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 04:41 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:

Hi to all,

May be some of you knows there is a projet on Sourceforge,
named velocity, which is a file manager for the GNOME 2
Desktop environment.

Did someone speak with them to see if they could change
their name ?

I'm not sure that there's a problem with that, as there are completely different. The probably don't know about us - I'll drop them a note, but I can't see what we could or should do about it.

It could be a problem for many users which are using deb or rpm packaging, since we currently have a conflict between two very
differents projects.

And since peoples are using apt like stuff to make their system
up to date, it may brake their systems.

The jpackage (www.jpackage.org) project is the jakarta velocity
rpm provider for many users.