On 9 Nov 2003, at 22:01, Mark R. Diggory wrote:

Mostly, I'm trying to ascertain the best strategies for donations that will be arising in the near future from projects that are now relicensed using a BSD style license (portions of Colt and RngPack). I am working through details with these individuals and organizations to legally and ethically provide vehicles for the code from these projects to evolve and be included into the math project. This is currently through both individual interaction with the authors to get them to donate and through re-licensing endeavors.

So to try to form a clearer question. If code is licensed using the follow style licenses:

http://www.honeylocust.com/RngPack/rngpack/LICENSE
http://dsd.lbl.gov/~hoschek/colt/license.html

With agreement from the authors ,what is the best approach for integrating code under this license into an Apache project?

a very good question. now would be a good time for those folks with experience of this issue to take up the batten...

I'm slightly stumped, I see no references to a Licensing listserv anywhere in the Apache www site?

i suspect that it's a committer-only list. anyone know for sure?

- robert