On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:24:00 -0500
(Subject: Re: Jakarta: Confederation or Single Project?)
Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:

> How about Jakarta = "Java Development"? Then, they all seem in place, no?
>
> -Harish

+1. Agreed.

Why don't Jakarta adopt "EU"-like governance style?
(Board => Secretariat of the United Nations:
Jakarta Sub-Projects can have the status of "Nation"
Jakarta itself is "United Nations". Other TLPs are
"Nation"s)

People often hold of the wrong end of the stick and assume that
bylaws is for bylaws. -- NO -- Bylaws is *for* the components
of each communities/organizations.

I'd like to see --
>   Jakarta PMC: responsible for jakarta-site/jakarta-site2
>   Tomcat PMC: tomcat and related code
>   Struts PMC: struts and related code
>   Jakarta Commons PMC: ...
>   Tapestry PMC: ...
styled governance (what Noel mentioned) in jakarta tlp.

I am not a laywer, however, there might be no legal problem.

Regards,

-- Tetsuya. ([EMAIL PROTECTED])