<BIG SNIP>

<Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:>
... sensitive things should be on the PMC
 list, and non-sensitive things should be on the general@ list.
</end Geir >

What could be something that is sensteive in an open source community? This is new direction. Gray areas should be well exposed. If you are ashamed of it, don't do open source community.

For a developer ... lets have some code in open, and the bad code we will just have in a encrypted jar. Is this open source?

What do I mean by that:
ASF used(?) to be Libreterian: If you want code to do something, commit the code to do it.

ASF used(?) to be run by commiters.
Now some are trying to develop "rulling" class, that is carving out roles for itself and rules to legislate iteligence and integrity for commiters, but does not committ itself?.
What happend to emritius commiters? People who did not CVS a chunk of code in a while lose vote rights and their berucrat office.
The people that are vocal on berucracy are same people I wonder where have they CVSed latelly.

ASF is still very small, $100K in the bank. It's committer volunters and users that use it.
No need for a rulling class, what's wrong with peers?
Some officers rotated in for admin.
If commiters don't get active to make it better, it will get worse. People I know are active in CVS (via CVS posts I see) have said very little relative to people I never see in CVS.

Vic
(Struts user)

Ex: "germaine" issue, why no public vote of any kind on it ever, else link it for me. I think once "germaine" is addressed, things go back to normal. None of this : we are not smart enough to understand. This is the only issue that is secret, AFAIK.