From: Leo Simons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 February 2004 09:20
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [wiki] Jakarta wikis set up

Dear Jakarta PMC,

I have set up MoinMoin wikis for Jakarta at

    http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta
    http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene
    http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tomcat
    http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry

Please take a look at the README file in /www/wiki.apache.org on
minotaur, http://wiki.apache.org/gump/HelpContents and
http://moin.sf.net for more information about MoinMoin.

I have also attempted to migrate all content from the UseMod wiki
installation to the appropriate places in the new MoinMoin wiki
installation. Since the migration script is not perfect, some pages may
be missing and/or looking awkward. You will need to fix these manually.

Specifically, page where copied over as follows:

*Jakarta*       ->      /jakarta
*Lucene*        ->      /jakarta-lucene
*Tomcat*        ->      /jakarta/tomcat

this means that a lot of pages for jakarta subprojects have not been
migrated to a new final location on the MoinMoin installation yet, and
are hence located (immutable) at

http://wiki.apache.org/old/

We can set up more subwikis for the jakarta subprojects and migrate
those pages, or we can copy those pages to the /jakarta subwiki. Just ask.

Note that cvs-style commit messages for changes made to the wiki will be
sent to the appropriate mailing lists as has been requested (the
moderator for those mailing lists will likely need to make some changes
to allow these to go through).

Please contact us on the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list if you
have any questions (prefix the e-mail subject with '[wiki]').

best regards,

- Leo Simons

from any virus transmitted.