Hi,

>Hi Folks,
>I have a small piece of code called Esperanto,  and IŽd like to make a JMS
>free impl of this. It already delivers Objects in broadcast over some
>methods, and I think it could become JMS compliant with a small effort.
>
>It is small and light to use, and have connectors for the following
>delivering methods:
>    Memory
>    DashBoard( Using FileSystem)
>    UDP(Multicasting)
>    TCP(Directly, connctionfull).
>
>My question is , does ASF already have a JMS impl? I think it could help
>Geronimo Project.
>If it does not, anyone here could help me writting a request for that
>project?.
>thankz

I'm not sure what Geronimo is doing with respect to JMS implementation.  But here in
Jakarta we have commons-messenger
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/messenger/) which is still in the sandbox.
I haven't seen much discussion on this project lately, so maybe it needs to be
revived.  I'm sure its developers would appreciate some feedback/help/code, and maybe
we can make a release and a commons-proper component out of it in short order.

There's also a taglib (http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/jmstags-doc/intro.html)
that runs on top of Messenger.

Personally, for a free JMS impl I've been using OpenJMS
(http://openjms.sourceforge.net/) for a long time, in fairly big production systems
(multiple messages per second, months and months of uptime without restart), and I
love it.  It's definitely in active development as well.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.