> What about starting by making sure Apache java projects _do_ work with
> the 2 open source JVMs that are mentioned in the
> article ?

This is a fine idea, if we're bending the rules to the extent that our
stuff won't run on any specifications compliant JVM we should address that,
particularly so where it is an OS JVM.

Conversely where our stuff doesn't work on an OS JVM because the JVM is at
fault we should feed that back to the developers so they can make their
project stronger.

I hate to think how many defects have been identified and resolved in Sun's
JVM as a result of ASF projects, lets make that same benefit available to
OS projects too.

d.

The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s) only.
If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to
the intended recipient) please notify us immediately on 0141 306 2050 and delete the
message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it or use or disclose its
contents to any other person. As Internet communications are capable of data
corruption Student Loans Company Limited does not accept any  responsibility for
changes made to this message after it was sent. For this reason it may be
inappropriate to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining
written confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans Company Limited or the sender
accepts any liability or responsibility for viruses as it is your responsibility to
scan attachments (if any). Opinions and views expressed in this e-mail are those of
the sender and may not reflect the opinions and views of The Student Loans Company
Limited.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of
computer viruses.