> If watchdog is dead, we should move it to the "Graveyard".

> Noel, you are the incubator guy, any ideas about starting this process
> - what is involved, any previous threads on the subject.

First of all, I'm curious to know what you think incubation has to do with
dormant projects.

Secondly, I'm not one who favors "closing" an open source project.  Ever.  I
didn't really agree with closing java.apache.org.  Although I do agree with
closing that domain, in retrospect, I'd have moved the content to Jakarta.
In my view, dormant projects should have their scm resources left in place,
and can have their mailing addresses reflected to a communal list, such as
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (or community@, although I a separate address
might be better).

It isn't as if a dormant project rots and deteriorates.  It isn't costing
anything unless there is activity.  If there are users who want to be
active, eventually people are going to have to step up and become stewards.
If a dormant project is revived by a new group, great.  If not, it just sits
fallow.  "Burying" a project makes it far less likely that users will be
able to organize around it.  I would certainly indicate that a project is
currently dormant, if only to let potential users know that there isn't the
kind of active community that they should expect from an ASF project.

        --- Noel