On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

Brian McCallister wrote:

I would strongly recommend checking out Axion

they promised users a 1.0 release in [the tigris] namespace

Not "1.0", but "Milestone 3"

I hadn't heard that until recently.

See [1], which was referenced both in the proposal to [EMAIL PROTECTED] [2] and in the notice to [EMAIL PROTECTED] [3].

[1] <http://axion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=698>
[2] <http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&msgId=1384102>
[3] <http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/[EMAIL PROTECTED]&msgId=1180601>

Is that what accounts for the delay [in fully moving to the apache infrastructure] between the Incubator being informed on October 16th that DB PMC had voted to sponsor axion to the incubator and now?

Among other reasons, yes. (The warm welcome axion received at the incubator is probably another reason for delay.)

When Derby was first announced I thought it may make life rough on
Axion, but the more I look at using Cloudscape 10 (derby initial
codebase) the more I think Axion may make life difficult for Derby

There is a lot of potential for both of them. I have no idea whether we'll see the two communities and codebases merge, or just the communities with two codebases that target somewhat different, but overlapping, segments, or what. That will be up to them.

How do you see the overlap and interplay between them from your review,
Brian?  :-)

        --- Noel