Recently, a new twist on @author tags came up, from a direction I
never would have expected.  It seems that the JDK 1.5 compiler whines
when you have non-ISO-8859-1 characters in Javadoc comments in your
source files.  Someone was kind enough to run a compile of a bunch of
open source projects with 1.5, to help identify projects that have
such sources.

It turns out that commons-beanutils has a few such occurrences --
because of non-ASCII characters in the authors's names in the @author
tags.

Guess we need to tell such people to change their names if they want
to be an @author :-).

Craig McClanahan