S'basically:

Left hand side for user's of Commons code
Right hand side for other info

There's more there than I want to have there, but that's the general bit behind the separation.

Downloading is expected to normally be:

Jakarta->BSF->Download

rather than

Jakarta->Download->BSF

So although I've got downloads at the top, it's on the right as a lesser used navigation. That's a bit of a forced separation, but it would be too much to put it on the lhs.

When downloads becomes a single link to a more concise page; I was thinking it could move back over to the left and the space in the top right could be used for [EMAIL PROTECTED], or whatever name we would choose to use for Jakarta's role there.

So that's my reasoning for the division :)

Hen