On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The current problems are largely due to a stupid assumption on my
> part that Xalan would be the JDK xslt handler forever.

XSLTC is considered the next generation of Xalan, or so it seems.

Looking at our Gump experience, whichever versions of Xerces and XSLTC
are included with JDK 1.5, they must be quite different from the
Apache CVS versions (Apache Xerces doesn't fully support DOM3 yet,
xml-commons is still at JAXP 1.2 level, XSLTC from CVS HEAD doesn't
even build under JDK 1.5 using any released version of Ant ...)

Stefan