From: "Henri Gomez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Well I'd like to know the pros and cons of Tomcat being TLP.

As I said in tomcat-dev, it was proposed when ant became TLP and at
this time the consensus was to stay under jakarta umbrella.

What motivate the move to TLP now.

Currently, Tomcat developers are having to take time away from their main task (coding) to answer management issues raised by Jakarta. This raises the question of whether Tomcat is big enough and mature enough to manage these issues itself, without the involvement of Jakarta.

For example, in this case, if Tomcat were a TLP, it seems likely (based on emails to the thread from Tomcat committers) that this PR release would have been a non-issue.

Stephen