On Sat, 2006-01-21 at 19:44 +0100, Angelo zerr wrote:
> Hello,
> I created RTFTemplate project, RTF template engine (if you are interested,
> see http://rtftemplate.sourceforge.net/index.html) and I use LGPL license.
> But RTFTemplate use Jakarta Velocity library which is Apache license. Can I
> use LGPL license? Must I change license LGPL to Apache license? Can I use
> GPL license otherwise?
> Thank's for your response.

The best place to ask this question is probably on the list
  legal-discuss@apache.org
(you might want to check the archives first in case the answer is
already there).

However I believe that it is ok to combine Apache software with GPL or
LGPL software (as long as the acknowledgement clause is followed). The
resulting combination can legally be distributed under the GPL (or LGPL)
licence.

Of course the result *cannot* be distributed just under the Apache
license, which is why Apache projects cannot include GPL/LGPL code
directly.

Note: I am not a lawyer. The legal-discuss list is the best place for a
professional opinion. There was some discussion a while ago about
creating a web-page with these sorts of questions answered, but I don't
think it exists yet...

Regards,

Simon