DbUtils and DBCP to db.apache.org sounds like a win to me; DBCP would
point back to Jakarta for a dependency on [pool], but that helps to
foster intra-project involvement.

Betwixt, Digester and JXPath strike me as a bit more to swallow and XML
might not want to taking such bites. You want to go ahead and ask them?

Martin Cooper wrote:
I think this whole thing is putting the cart before the horse. You're in the
process of destroying Commons, not just dismantling it, and for no good
reason that I can see. The people involved with Digester should be the ones
to initiate a discussion about whether or not they want to take Digester
elsewhere. As it is, this is coming across more like "why don't you guys go
away, somewhere far away, 'cos we think that's a good idea".
+1. I believe there is the potential to group Jakarta around perhaps 4 or 5 mailing lists groupings instead of 15+ now. But it cannot be forced.

Just because db-commons and xml-commons exist doesn't mean that we should 'outsource' to them. OSS isn't like that.

As I've said before, its in our nature as programmers to look for abstractions and hierarchies - to look for order. Community isn't that convenient.

Stephen