Yeah it look like it. It's probably because getting an account looks like
something that could be automated.

There's a tiny bit of discussion on it here
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/AntiSpamFeatures , the bottom points to a
sample "bad content" configuration that someone created to help get rid of
some of them. ( http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/BadContent )

Most of the spam involves posting tons of links so it may be easier to track
down with reg exp's. They mention using things like captcha but I didn't see
any immediately available plugin for it.