On 31/05/06, Martin Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/31/06, sebb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I updated the stylesheet to change the Copyright statement from
> 1999-2005 to 1999-2006 a week or so ago.
>
> Of course this changes all the generated HTML pages.
>
> I've not yet updated them, as I wanted to double-check if this was
> needed or not (the stylesheet could be changed back).
>
> OR: would it be better to just change the copyright in files that have
> been updated this year?

s/better/required/g.

In other words, the copyright years in a file must include only the years in
which that file was modified.

OK, point taken.

However, although the bulk of the content will not change unless the
source xml file is updated, the left and right navigation panels
change rather more frequently.

In which case, should the date be updated or not?

[It may be possible to check the dates on various files to determine
the most recent, and use that, if that is what is required.]