Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta Wiki" for
change notification.

The following page has been changed by PhilSteitz:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/JakartaBoardReport-June2006

The comment on the change is:
Fixed spelling errors

  ==== Cactus ====

- Cactus had a submission (regarding build Cactus with Maven 2 and providing a
Maven 2 Cactus plugin) for the Google's Summer of Code initiative, but
infortunately it did not get ranked high enough to be accepted. On the brigher
side, the student (Petar) said he would still want to contribute to the
project, so we might get some activities in that direction in the upcoming
quarter.
+ Cactus had a submission (regarding build Cactus with Maven 2 and providing a
Maven 2 Cactus plugin) for the Google's Summer of Code initiative, but
unfortunately it did not get ranked high enough to be accepted. On the brigher
side, the student (Petar) said he would still want to contribute to the
project, so we might get some activities in that direction in the upcoming
quarter.

  We also had a nice patch regarding a new feature provided by an user, but it
has not been incorporated to the source code yet.

@@ -81, +81 @@

  ==== Commons Logging ====

- The long awaited JCL 1.1 was at last released. JCL has a tiny codebase but is
difficult to work on. It is used by a huge number of projects both open source
and commercial as well as being shipped with most J2EE containers but the 1.0.x
series of releases have some pretty fundemental issues with (in particular)
many implementations of the later J2EE specifications. It is also unfortunate
that JCL is forced to work around deficiencies in these specifications. Though
there were only a small number of code changes, these were backed by much
larger quantities of analysis.
+ The long awaited JCL 1.1 was at last released. JCL has a tiny codebase but is
difficult to work on. It is used by a huge number of projects both open source
and commercial as well as being shipped with most J2EE containers but the 1.0.x
series of releases have some pretty fundamental issues with (in particular)
many implementations of the later J2EE specifications. It is also unfortunate
that JCL is forced to work around deficiencies in these specifications. Though
there were only a small number of code changes, these were backed by much
larger quantities of analysis.

  ==== Commons Math ====
@@ -95, +95 @@

  The Commons SCXML (State Chart XML) project has been promoted from Commons
Sandbox to Commons Proper. Commons SCXML provides a generic state-machine based
execution environment. It borrows most semantics from its namesake Working
Draft at the W3C. Anything that can be represented as a UML state chart --
business process flows, view navigation bits, interaction or dialog management,
and many more -- can leverage the Commons SCXML library.

- Commons SCXML was the most active component in the Commons Sandbox repository
and the Commons user mailing list for the last three months. A first release
plan has been drafted. Atleast one project (in Jakarta Taglibs) will be
immediately using Commons SCXML after its first release.
+ Commons SCXML was the most active component in the Commons Sandbox repository
and the Commons user mailing list for the last three months. A first release
plan has been drafted. At least one project (in Jakarta Taglibs) will be
immediately using Commons SCXML after its first release.

  ==== Commons Validator ====
  Commons Validator released version 1.3.0. This contained a number of bug
fixes for Validator 1.2.0 (released Nov. 2005) and a whole new package of
date/time/number validators.
@@ -115, +115 @@

  === JCS ===

- The JCS project added a new auxiliary--the JDBC disk cache.  It's highly
scallable and is being used in production environments, backed my MySQL.  There
were also a few small bug fixes.  We also reduced the number of dependencies to
just two: util-concurrent and commons-logging.
+ The JCS project added a new auxiliary--the JDBC disk cache.  It's highly
scalable and is being used in production environments, backed my MySQL.  There
were also a few small bug fixes.  We also reduced the number of dependencies to
just two: util-concurrent and commons-logging.

  We added a getting started guide and substantially improved the
documentation.  We are working on improving the FAQ and the Remote Cache Server
documentation.