On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

Phil Steitz wrote:
Thanks, Dennis. That helps and I agree with your arguments for inheritence in genera;.
 But why a Jakarta parent?

I'll leave that one for Henri to answer.

Do I look like I know what I'm doing? :)

The Jakarta pom is there because it seemed like a good idea to share things between Jakarta m2 projects and not just Commons ones - or at least to try and encourage that sharing. Though I had thought that the mailing lists in the parent would appear in the children and that's not happened.

It didn't seem like it would be damaging to represent the current structure and Brett didn't run screaming when I asked him :)

I'm not tied to it though - just throwing energy at the commons to m2 problems.

Hen